||Sep. 10. 2021 ~ Sep. 9. 2024
- Feb. 1988Seoul National University (B.A. in Economics)
- Feb. 1991Seoul National University (M.A. in Economics)
- Mar. 1999University of Missouri, Columbia (Ph.D. in Economics)
- Professional Experience
- Sep. 2021Auditor, The Bank of Korea
- Oct 2020Deputy Minister for Fiscal Affairs, Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Jan. 2020Director General, Fiscal Management Bureau, Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Oct. 2018Director General, Public Institutions Policy Bureau, Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Jun. 2017Chief of Staff, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Aug. 2014Consul, Consulate General office of the Republic of Korea in Shanghai
- May. 2013Director, Budget coordination Div., Budget Office, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Feb. 2012Director, Budget Policy Div., Budget Office, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Jan. 2011Director, Land and Marine Budget Div., Budget Office, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Feb. 2009Director, Assessment and Analysis Div., Public Institutions Policy Bureau, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Jun. 2005Director, International cooperation education Div., Fiscal Strategy Office, Ministry of Planning and Budget
- Apr. 1992Deputy Director at Ministry of Government Administration
The Auditor, appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Minister of Economy and Finance, inspects the operations of the Bank and reports the results to the Monetary Policy Board.
The Auditor prepares and submits a comprehensive audit report to the Government and Monetary Policy Board each year. The term of the Auditor is three years and he or she may be reappointed for a single consecutive term.
As for the Auditor's executive and supportive body, the Bank has one department, namely Audit department in Seoul.