||Sep. 10. 2018 ~ Sep. 9. 2021
- Feb. 1981Korea University (B.A. in Economics)
- Feb. 1984Seoul National University (M.A. in Public Administration)
- May 1995Vanderbilt University, U.S.A. (M.A. in Economics)
- Professional Experience
- Sep. 2018Auditor, The Bank of Korea
- May 2018Executive Director of the Asia Pacific Constituency, IMF(International Monetary Fund)
- Apr. 2015Minister for Economic Affairs, Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the U.S.A.
- Oct. 2014Director General, International Economic Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Apr. 2013Deputy Director General for International Finance, International Finance Bureau, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Jan. 2012Deputy Director General for Policy Coordination, Policy Coordination Bureau, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Feb. 2009Deputy Director General, G20 Seoul Summit Preparation Committee
- Mar. 2008Director, International Economic Policy Div., International Economic Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Apr. 2007Director, General Policy Coordination Div., Policy Coordination Bureau, Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Feb. 2006Director, Industrial Policy Div., Policy Coordination Bureau, Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Feb. 2005Director, Policy Planning Div., Economic Policy Bureau, Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Jun. 2001Advisor to the Executive Director, IMF(International Monetary Fund)
- Apr. 1987Deputy Director at Ministry of Government Administration
The Auditor, appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Minister of Economy and Finance, inspects the operations of the Bank and reports the results to the Monetary Policy Board.
The Auditor prepares and submits a comprehensive audit report to the Government and Monetary Policy Board each year. The term of the Auditor is three years and he or she may be reappointed for a single consecutive term.
As for the Auditor's executive and supportive body, the Bank has one department, namely Audit department in Seoul.