- Feb. 1983Korea University (B.A. in Economics)
- Feb. 1985Korea University (M.A. in Economics) Economics)
- Professional Experience
- June 2015Auditor, The Bank of Korea
- Nov. 2013Executive Director, Presidential Committee on Regional Development
- Sept. 2011Director General, Customs and Tariff Bureau, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Feb. 2010Director General for Future Policy, Economic Policy Bureau, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Apr. 2007Director General for Fiscal Affairs, Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Nov. 2005Director, Welfare Finance Div., Ministry of Planning and Budget
- Dec. 2002Senior Economist, IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development)
- Mar. 2001Director, Office for Government Reformation, Ministry of Planning and Budget
- Feb. 1997Deputy Director, Budget Office, Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Sept. 1987Deputy Director, Office for International Economic Affairs, Economy Planning Board
The Auditor, appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Minister of Strategy and Finance, inspects the operations of the Bank and reports the results to the Monetary Policy Board.
The Auditor prepares and submits a comprehensive audit report to the Government and Monetary Policy Board each year. The term of the Auditor is three years and he or she may be reappointed for a single consecutive term.
As for the Auditor's executive and supportive body, the Bank has one department, namely Audit department in Seoul.